Before your make any travel arrangements, be sure you review and understand Travel Regulations, University Policy G-28, to ensure that your travel costs can be paid and reimbursed. Important topics include restrictions on State funded travel; limits on transportation, lodging, meals and incidental expenses (including expense caps); required trip registration and insurance; and expense documentation requirements.
Connexxus offers the following options to assist with scheduling your airline flight:
- Make reservations online through Connexxus using a travel agency or using Southwest's SWABIZ
- Call a Connexxus travel agent and make your reservation over the phone
- Charge airfare directly to the University using the SpeedType from your Finance Manager to directly bill a flight for business travel, or pay with a personal credit card or a Corporate travel card.
- Use the “FindIt” tool provided by Short’s Travel to use sites you are already familiar with (e.g. Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, United, Delta, Southwest, etc.) and get UC rates and benefits.
To Charge Airfare to the University
- Obtain a SpeedType from your department Finance Manager in order to directly bill UCSF for airfare travel bookings made through BCD & UC Travel Center (UCTC) travel agencies within Connexxus
- Login to Connexxus, choose BCD or UCTC, and click on the “BOOK NOW” button.
- Search for your flight and follow the online instructions to make your reservations.
Use the “FindIt” tool
- A one-time download process is required to setup a browser extension in Chrome or Firefox for FindIt.
- Visit an airline or travel website using the browser with FindIt installed and search for your ticket.
- After selecting your flight, FindIt will connect your flight choices to the Connexxus program. FindIt will compare your ticket to available alternatives within a +/- four hour period, apply any available UC negotiated rates and benefits, and send an email where you can buy your flight to your UC email address.