Effective February 1st, all domestic and international Southwest Airlines airfares booked through the BCD Travel Agency can be directly billed to UCSF funds. This direct bill option can be used whether you are booking your trip through a BCD travel agent or you are using the online booking tool in Connexxus.
In addition, all Southwest Airlines fares including the lowest "Wanna Get Away" and international fares will now be available through BCD Travel.
Benefits of this new option include:
- UCSF will pay for the airfare relieving the traveler from paying out-of-pocket
- Rapid Reward and TSA Pre-Check/Known Traveler numbers will be sent automatically to Southwest Airlines
- BCD Travel will connect directly to Southwest Airlines for real time fare and flight availability
- You can easily book trips to multiple destinations, or fly into one city and out of another
- Allows for mixed class itineraries – e.g., depart on a “Wanna Get Away” fare and return on an “Anytime” fare
BCD Travel will increase their online booking fee from $7.50 to $11.50 (a $4 increase) for Southwest Airline tickets booked online through Connexxus regardless of the form of payment. The agency assist transaction fee of $34 for Southwest Airlines tickets booked through a BCD Travel agent will remain unchanged.