The University of California Office of the President (UCOP) Central Travel Office hosts webinars to educate and inform UC travelers on travel benefits and topics. Click the session title to register for the session(s) that interest you:
- Introduction to Connexxus - January 11 at 11 a.m. (60 minutes)
New to UC? New to Connexxus? Join us and explore how to get the most out of the Connexxus portal, including quick tips for beginners on how to book travel online with BCD/Balboa Travel.
- Fees, Fees, Fees! - January 11 at noon (30 minutes)
Agency v. Airline, why so many? Who charges what and why will be clarified along with some UC specific exceptions and allowances.
- Found it Cheaper Elsewhere? Can UC Match it? - January 11 at 12:30 p.m. (30 minutes)
Airfare Price Protection/Rate Monitoring – how does it work? What to expect.
- Managing Airfare Booked Online - January 18 at 11 a.m. (30 minutes)
This webinar will focus only on tickets booked online with BCD/Balboa Travel and will provide tips on how to manage that ticket from cancellation to changes, plus adding car/hotel to an existing reservation.
- Booking International Travel - January 18 at noon (30 minutes)
Considerations when booking international travel from identifying Fly America flights to tips on airports, fares, and visas.
- Hazards of Booking Highly Restrictive Airfare- January 18 at 12:30 p.m. (30 minutes)
How do you make sure that the airfare you choose is right for you, your traveler, and your budget? Recognize the various types of economy fares and how airlines charge ancillary fees after the fact to make up for low fares. Airlines now make more of a profit on these fees, than seats, so expect fees to stick around.
- Rules on Hotel & Daily Meal Rates - February 1 at 11 a.m. (60 minutes)
Confused about the reimbursement rate for hotels or international travel? Join our special guest, John Barrett (UC’s Tax Services Manager) who will share the concept behind the policy.
- Travel Perks, Beyond Discounts - February 1 at noon (30 minutes)
Airlines, hotels and car rental companies offer UC travelers plenty of value-added benefits such as priority boarding or preferred standby, accessible seat maps before they open to the public, upgraded status or status match opportunities, and much more.
- Booking Outside Connexxus, Get UC Rates - February 1 at 12:30 p.m. (30 minutes)
Discover an independent method of booking travel that allows you to start where you like and still receive UC rates and benefits. This option is outside of the Connexxus portal, which makes it perfect for those who do not have access to Connexxus.
Recorded version and FAQs for previous webinars are available in the Video and Resources sections of the Connexxus portal. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about these sessions, email the UCOP Travel Office at [email protected]