UCSF receives Automated Clearing House (ACH) and wire payments from domestic and international sources every day. These funds are often intended for departments and we need your help to distribute the funds appropriately. Follow these steps to ensure that your department receives all its funds in a timely manner:
- Review the Daily ACH and Wire Payments file. These files list the cash receipt, ACH, and wire payments received the previous business day.
- The Daily files should be reviewed only until the next Monthly file becomes available; the Daily files are not updated to reflect funds that have been claimed.
- Claim your department's funds listed in the Daily files.
- Process a journal following the procedure in Preparing Cash Receipt and Credit Card Journals using Account 10110 (Cash-BofA) to claim your department's funds.
- Notify Contracts & Grants Accounting (CGA) about any sponsored award related funding. CGA will record the payment in the Research Administration System.
- Review the Monthly Undistributed ACH & Wire Payments file. This file lists items that remain unclaimed from prior months.
- The Undistributed Items in #10110 tab lists payments that have been unclaimed for 60-90 days.
- The Undistributed Items in #23040 tab lists items that have been unclaimed for over 90 days.
- You should stop reviewing Daily files once the Monthly file becomes available. The Daily files are not updated to reflect claimed funds and the Monthly file includes all unclaimed funds to date.
- Claim your department's funds listed in the Monthly file.
Remember, that items left unclaimed for 13 months will be transferred to the Central Fund.
For more information, see Undistributed ACH/Wire Payments on the Controller's Office website. If you have questions about this process, contact Cash and Controls Operations and Accounting Manager Christine Chiang.