Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) has announced that a comprehensive site visit of the recipient in the first year is a requirement of any new award from their agency. This in-depth review is conducted by external consultants with HRSA involvement; it covers a programmatic, fiscal, and administrative review of the award.
As a reminder, consult the following guidelines if you are contacted by HRSA or any external auditor:
- Please obtain the following information:
- Name of auditing/reviewing agency
- Name of auditor/reviewer, phone number, and email address
- Specific areas of audit
- Grant/Award number to be audited
- Do not provide any information
- Let the reviewers/auditors know that a member of the Controller’s Office will be contacting them
- Notify your department manager and your control point
- Coordinate with CGA Compliance in responding to any requests from external auditors/reviewer for information
- Make sure CGA Compliance is available during site visit
- Participate in meetings with auditors/reviewers to explain departmental processes or specific transactions
- Provide any responses to findings to CGA Compliance for review and transmittal to auditors
For more information, see How to Survive an External Audit.