Throughout the month of July, and until final close in August, more than one accounting period will be open in PeopleSoft. When two accounting periods are open at one time, Report Date Filters default to either the last closed month or the open month depending on the report purpose and design.
MyReports users will see the following during the fiscal year-end closing process:
- Defaults to May 2019
- Actual vs. Plan Comparison Report
- Current Year vs. Prior Year Actuals Comparison Report
- Distribution of Payroll Expense Report (DPE)
- Defaults to 2018-19
- Faculty Portfolio Monthly Report
- Faculty Portfolio Payroll Detail by Month Report
- Operational Monthly Report
- Organization Report
- Payroll Funding Report
- Project Comparison Report
- Defaults to Jun 2019
- All other reports
The availability of filter values and data for Fiscal Year 2019-20 also vary with the accounting periods:
- Available after July opens
- Filter value: Jul 2019 (except for Faculty Portfolio reports)
- Available after June closes
- Filter value: Jul 2019 for Faculty Portfolio reports
- Filter value: Fiscal Year 2019-20
- FY 2019-20 Beginning Net Position
- July Actuals in Portfolio Projection sheets
Snapshots of balances for the prelim and interim periods can be obtained by running reports the day after the PeopleSoft and MyReports nightly batch processes are complete for each respective close. The Ledger Post Date field in the Transaction Detail Report can be used to determine when a specific transaction occurred.
You can use the scheduling feature in MyReports to automate production and delivery of your reports for the June Prelim, Interim, and Final Close. To use this feature, schedule your desired reports to run "At campus month-end close." See the Managing and Scheduling MyFavorites in MyReports job aid for detailed instructions.
If you have questions about MyReports, contact the Controller's Office Solution Center.