As UCSF has escalated actions to limit the spread of COVID-19 by implementing telecommuting and social distancing practices, the reduction in on-site work has impacted some departments' ability to perform daily credit card processing functions, including timely issuing of credit card refunds. To safeguard UCSF’s reputation and protect our patients, guests, and students from theft and fraud, Merchant Services is providing the following temporary guidelines to ensure the effective processing of credit card refunds, an essential operational function.
Instructions for Merchants with Gateway Access with Cardholder on the Phone
- Upon logging into the payment gateway, run a transaction search for the original transaction based on date range.
- DO NOT ask for the full credit card number over the phone.
- Confirm the original transaction based on one of the following combinations:
- Transaction date and last four (4) digits of the card PAN, or
- Transaction date and card holder name.
- Click the refund link (or the refund tab) to process a full or partial refund.
- If an automatic email receipt is not generated and the customer wants to receive an email receipt for the refund, enter the customer email address in the customer email field.
Instructions for Merchants without Gateway or Terminal Access with Cardholder on the Phone
- Collect the following information from the customer:
- Last four (4) digits of credit card number
- Refund amount
- Original transaction date
- Email [email protected] to obtain a Special Processing Request Form for Refund.
- Complete the form, including your Merchant ID and the information collected from the caller.
- Email the completed request form to [email protected]
- The body of the email MUST include the department’s authorization in order for the refund to be processed.
- The Controller's Office Cash and Controls team will process a request for exceptional refund with the UCSF Merchant Bank on behalf of the UCSF Merchant.
Please note that the Merchant may be requested to provide proof of the original transaction at a later time.
If you have any questions, contact UCSF Merchant Services at [email protected].