Updated Guidance on Recording Paid Administrative Leave for COVID-19
The following updates to Guidance on Recording Paid Administrative Leave for COVID-19 were added on April 7, 2020:
- For Health employees the cost center 875302 will be automatically added when an employee selects COVID 19 Paid Admin Leave on their timesheet. This will also apply for historical timesheet corrections.
- If an employee has already recorded COVID-19 leave as Other Paid Leave/Absences (OPA) in HBS prior to 3/21/20 and indicated paid admin leave in the timesheet notes, an automatic retro will be triggered in HBS to change the OPA leave to COVID 19 Paid Admin Leave.
- In this case, there is no need to request a history timesheet change or submit a Time Maintenance Form (TMF) to record this leave as COVID 19 Paid Admin Leave.
- Corrections will be made going back to the effective date of the order, March 1, 2020.
- The Payroll office will be adjusting the paid admin leave starting balances for some variable paid employees to reflect a proration based on appointment percentage where it is more advantageous than the four week lookback.
- Starting balances for newly-hired employees will be updated in HBS on a couple of day delay until the process can be automated.
In response to the executive order issued on March 16, 2020 by President Napolitano, HBS has been updated to allow employees to report and track paid administrative leave as it relates to COVID-19. Guidance on remote work provisions and paid leave in response to the coronavirus can be found in the COVID-19 Manager Guide.
A new pay code, COVID 19 Paid Admin Leave, is now available in HBS to report administrative leave with pay as a result of COVID-19. Employees may use the “Leave Requests” tab to request approval from their supervisor in advance before recording leave in HBS as COVID 19 Paid Admin Leave.
- If an employee has already recorded COVID-19 leave as Other Paid Leave/Absences in HBS, please request a history timesheet change or submit a Time Maintenance Form (TMF) to record this leave as COVID 19 Paid Admin Leave. Corrections can be made going back to the effective date of the order, March 1, 2020.
- All employees have received a one-time allotment of up to 128 hours of paid administrative leave which can be viewed on the “Balances” tab in HBS.
- The total number of hours for variable employees was prorated based on a look back at the hours worked in four prior biweekly pay periods.
- The total number of hours for those who work a fixed schedule was prorated based on their appointment percentage.
- Paid administrative leave will be recorded on the distribution of payroll expense (DPE) and earnings statements as RGC – Regular Paid Leave.
For questions regarding how to record paid administrative leave in HBS, contact the Controller’s Office Solution Center.