Effective July 1, 2019, UCSF began providing twelve weeks of paid leave for both childbearing (CB) and childrearing (CR) leave to Health Sciences Compensation Plan (HSCP) faculty. An initial announcement was communicated in the September 2019 Controller’s Office Newsletter.
The crediting of department funding for CB/CR leaves has been on hold since UCPath conversion in May 2020, while processing methods were reviewed and updated. Beginning in September 2020, the process of posting relief to department funding for this program will be updated to work within UCPath, and relief for the months of May through August will be processed.
The posting of relief to department funding will occur upon the completion of the following events:
- The faculty member returns from an eligible childbearing/childrearing leave.
- The faculty member confirms their return to work with Human Resources, and the dates of eligible leave are confirmed and finalized.
- Human Resources communicates the final dates to the Controller’s Office.
- The Controller’s Office processes salary cost transfers to credit faculty funding for the dates they were confirmed to be on an eligible CB/CR leave.
Credits for the entire leave period will generally post one or two months after the faculty member returns from leave. The credits cannot be processed mid-leave because the dates of eligibility are subject to change and are not finalized until the faculty member returns.
To confirm whether a faculty member’s funding has been credited for their CB/CR leave, run a Distribution of Payroll Expense (DPE) report using the following filter parameters.
- Employee: select the faculty member by name or UCSF ID number
- Fund: 5018
- Dept ID: 505100
- Project: 3333333
- Function: 72