Award Verification Roles and Access
Award Verification Roles
- Award Principal Investigators (as documented in RAS) can view data, enter comments, review projects, and verify awards.
- Project Principal Investigators and Program Managers (as documented in RAS) can view data, enter comments, and review projects.
- Multiple Principal Investigators (as documented in RAS) can view data and enter comments.
- Research Services Analysts (as assigned in RAS) can view data and enter comments.
- Financial and Administrative Staff (assigned the Financial Role in MyReports) can view data.
|Role||View Data||Enter Comments||Review Projects||Verify Awards||Source|
|Award Principal Investigator||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||RAS - Award Owner|
|Project Principal Investigator||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||RAS - Project Owner|
|Multiple Principal Investigator||Yes||Yes||No||No||RAS - Multi-PI|
|Program Manager||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||RAS - Program Manager|
|Research Services Analyst (RSA)||Yes||Yes||No||No||RAS - RSA|
|Viewer||Yes||No||No||No||MyReports - Financial Role|
Assigned roles and access to the Award Verification Tool is linked to data in the Research Administration System (RAS) and MyReports, and all Award Verification Tool roles are automatically provisioned based on information in RAS and MyReports. Award PI and Project PI assignments are refreshed with the monthly data load. Role assignments for Program Managers, Multiple PIs, RSAs, and viewers are refreshed nightly.
To run MyReports from the Award Verification Tool, you must be provisioned with MyReports access. Principal Investigators are automatically provisioned with MyReports access. Everyone else must submit a request for access through their Department Access Administrator. Refer to MyReports Access & Availability for more information.
Accessing the Award Verification Tool
- Log into MyAccess to access the Award Verification Tool.
- When connecting to the Award Verification Tool from outside the UCSF network, you must first connect to UCFS’s Pulse Secure VPN. The UCSF VPN web portal does not provide access to the Award Verification Tool.
- If prompted, follow the on-screen steps to complete DUO multi-factor authentication.
Refer to UCSF Web Browser Standards on IT's website to view current standards and determine whether your browser is supported.