Post-Award Financial Administration
Contracts and Grants Accounting (CGA) supports UCSF's mission by providing collaborative and advisory post-award management and financial oversight of sponsored research. CGA works collaboratively with Principal Investigators, research administrators, the Office of Sponsored Research (OSR), other University units, and sponsors from award set-up through close-out; managing billing, collections, and financial reporting as well as monitoring post-award compliance.
Campus and UCSF Health Departments Post-Award Responsibilities
- Understand your responsibilities; review the Post Award Responsibilities Job Aid
- Ensure that expenses are incurred and recorded in accordance with award terms and conditions, and that award verification is completed at least quarterly for all sponsored awards
- Conduct your general ledger verification monthly as required by campus policy
- Follow external audit guidelines: gather information, inform your department or Control Point manager, do NOT give out any information on initial contact
- Understand the CGA Default Discretionary Journal Procedure
- Attend the quarterly Research Administration Town Hall meeting broadcast via Zoom. CGA in collaboration with OSR produce the Town Hall to inform the campus research community about policy and process changes. Meeting recordings are normally available shortly after each session in the Research Administration forum on Microsoft Teams.
- Join the Research Administration forum on Microsoft Teams to view Town Hall agendas, access broadcast links, submit questions during the Town Hall meetings, view Town Hall recordings, and communicate with other research administrators. Microsoft Teams replaced the RA Town Hall Chatter Group for Town Hall communications. To join the forum:
- Sign into Microsoft Teams and navigate to the Teams page.
- Click Join or create team.
- Type “Research Administration” in the Search teams search box.
- From the Search results, hover over the Research Administration team and click Join team.
- Attend Post Award Management (PAM) training classes. The PAM series is an introduction to post award processes. There are currently five separate two-hour modules, and the PAM series is offered twice per year. Log on to MyAccess and select "Learning Management System". In the UC Learning Center, search for "PAM" to register for the training modules. If you have any questions about using the UC Learning Center, contact Controller's Office Training Manager Michael Burgess.
- Subscribe to the Controller's Office Newsletter.