Establishing Journal Preparers and Approvers in PeopleSoft
- Take the online course “Understanding PeopleSoft Journals” in the UC Learning Center. Completion of this course is required for access to PeopleSoft General Ledger and Journals.
- Journal Preparers must complete Parts 1 and 2 of the online course
- Journal Approvers must complete Parts 1, 2, and 3 of the online course
- Notify your manager and department Access Administrator of the date you completed the training so that PeopleSoft access can be requested.
- The Access Administrator submits the request for access to PeopleSoft Journals using the Access Management System available in MyAccess.
- Obtain your Journal Preparer ID following the steps below.
Obtaining your Journal Preparer ID
UCSF uses a journal naming convention. Using this preferred method, you can quickly find any journal you have created.
- Download and review the Journal ID List
- Select a three character code that is not being used (e.g., not already on the Journal ID List)
- Provide the following information to Aurora Cabarogias after you make your selection:
- Three letter code selected
- Journal Preparer Name
- Phone Number
- Department Name
- Department Box Number