I want to...
Before The Trip
- Travel Regulations, University Policy G-28, applies to all official University travel including non-employees such as visitors, students, visiting scholars, independent contractors, etc. Before your make any travel arrangements, be sure you review and understand University Policy G-28, to ensure that your travel costs can be paid and reimbursed. Important topics include restrictions on State funded travel; limits on transportation, lodging, meals and incidental expenses (including expense caps); required trip registration and insurance; and expense documentation requirements.
- Request access to Connexxus (UC Systemwide Travel Portal used for air, rail, car, and hotel bookings) by sending an email with your name and employee ID number to [email protected]
- Obtain approval for your trip from your Manager
- Obtain a SpeedType from your Finance Manager in order to direct-bill UCSF for airfare bookings made through BCD & UC Travel Center (UCTC) travel agencies within Connexxus
When You Return
- Submit a completed and approved expense report using MyExpense within 45 calendar days of return date
- Itemize expenses on the expense report
- Provide justification if needed
- Attach required receipts, agenda, and other supporting documention