Assistance for Students with Loans

Student Accounting provides individualized assistance to UCSF students who have active loans.  If you need to postpone your loan payments, please contact Maria Maniego in the Student Accounting department for help in choosing an option listed below.

Loan Deferment Request Forms

Blumberg Loans for Residents and Clinical Fellows

The Blumberg Loan is an interest-free loan that was established through the Office of Graduate Medical Education (OGME) to provide financial assistance to UCSF residents and clinical fellows. Residents and clinical fellows may request a loan from two months prior to start date through five months prior to end date. Loan amounts range from $1,200 to $2,400.

For additional information see the OGME Blumberg Loan webpage or call OGME at (415) 476-5291.

Termination of Appointments for National Research Service Award (NRSA) Recipients

The Termination Notice (TN) documents the termination of appointments for National Research Service Award (NRSA) recipients. This summary of work accomplished, support period, stipends received, and post-training activity is required of all recipients immediately after termination. The Program Director (PD)/Principal Investigator (PI) is the only person that can initiate or assign the TN. Use of the eRA Commons xTrain system is required to prepare and submit the 416-7 Termination Notice form. The Termination Notice must be submitted within 30 days of the recipient’s termination date. See the NIH Termination of Appointment job aid for detailed instructions on how to complete necessary actions in xTrain.

Contact Faye Ou for issues regarding the termination of appointments for NRSA.

Other UCSF Resources

For information on student financial aid: Student Financial Aid

For information on student loans: Student Financial Aid

For information on paying fees: Office of the Registrar