Authorized users can log in to the GL Verification Tool through MyAccess.
Only department Access Administrators may submit requests for access; contact your department Access Administrator to request access for new users, to change user roles, or to deactivate users from the GL Verification Tool.
There are two department roles in the GL Verification Tool:
- The Verifier role is not limited to specific Dept IDs.
- The Approver role is assigned at the level of the Dept ID tree chosen by department/Control Point financial leadership.
- When requesting the Approver role, you must specify at least one Dept ID; typically this is the Level 2 or Level 3 Dept ID roll-up for which the Approver is responsible.
- The department Access Administrator will be required to active the role for the specific Dept ID values.
- GL Verification Tool systematically identifies transaction lines to be verified and monthly trend information for review.
- Verifiers (job aid) conduct review of identified transaction lines and trends.
- Transaction lines: May add comments and supporting documents as desired. Changes status from "Not Verified" to "Complete" or "Pending" as appropriate.
- May conduct monthly trend analysis (job aid) depending on departmental practice: reviews Monthly Trend Report for unusual items or deviations from historical or plan/forecast.
- Approvers (job aid) determine and acknowledge whether verification has been completed for their assigned Dept IDs.
- May conduct monthly trend analysis (job aid) depending on departmental practice: review Monthly Trend Report for unusual items or deviations from historical or plan/forecast.
- Acknowledge verification: review dashboard to determine if verification has been completed for the department. Acknowledge GL verification is complete by clicking the Approved button.
- The GL Verification Dashboard displays the status of GLV activities for the selected Dept ID to support monitoring and compliance by tool users, department and school finance managers, and central units.
- Reports are available within the GL Verification Tool to monitor verification and approval status for each department.
- Approval Status Report (job aid) displays the approval status of one or more Dept IDs, along with the corresponding users responsible for approval.
- Verification Status Report (job aid) displays the verification status of transactions in one or more Dept IDs, along with the corresponding users who performed verification and approval.
New GL Verification Tool users can review recordings and the slides of the GL Verification Tool go-live training.
Click the corresponding button below for the video you want to view:
If you have questions about General Ledger Verification or using the GL Verification Tool, contact [email protected].