Thank you for your interest in making a gift to the University or California, San Francisco. We are grateful for your support!
To make a gift to UC San Francisco or the UCSF Foundation please visit Giving to UCSF for more information including what to support and ways to give. Following are specific instructions on how to make donations by wire transfer, donating stock and mutual funds, and accepting Credit Card donations manually when unable to do so on the Giving to UCSF site.
Wire Transfer Donations
For domestic wires, please make arrangements to wire your donation using the following instructions:
To ensure accurate handling and allow us to instruct State Street Bank to accept your wire on behalf of the UCSF Foundation, please also fax (415-476-5083) or send a confirming email ([email protected]) with the following information:
- Date UCSF Foundation should expect the wire
- Dollar amount
- UCSF program you would like your gift to support
For information on making an international wire transfer, please contact UCSF Foundation’s Gift Administration Team.
Stock and Mutual Fund Donations
Transfer of Securities Held in Certificate Form in Your Name
Please contact the UCSF Foundation Gift Administration Team for information about the process for transferring securities held in certificate form in your name.
Electronic Transfer or DTC Instructions
Electronic, or DTC, transfer is the fastest and most secure method for donating securities. Please notify the UCSF Foundation Gift Administration Team by email or fax of your intention to donate securities prior to initiating the transfer of securities to UCSF Foundation's brokerage account at State Street Global Markets. Prior notification is critical to identifying your gift of securities as donor information does NOT transmit through the DTC system.
- Please send a completed Stock and Mutual Fund Donation Form to the UCSF Foundation by fax (415.476.5083) or by email ([email protected]). This will allow us to instruct State Street Global Markets to accept your gift of securities on behalf of the UCSF Foundation.
- Provide these instructions to your broker:
Your donation will not be complete until you notify UCSF Foundation of your intent to donate securities and until shares are received in UCSF Foundation's State Street Global Markets Brokerage account.
Transfer of Mutual Funds
Transferring ownership of mutual fund shares, unlike DTC-eligible securities that may be exchanged almost simultaneously between two legal entities, requires special handling and can take longer to complete.
- Please send a completed Stock and Mutual Fund Donation Form (instructions are included) to the UCSF Foundation by fax (415.476.5083) or by email ([email protected])
- Notify your broker or mutual fund company of your intention to donate mutual fund shares to the UCSF Foundation
- UCSF Foundation will coordinate the process with your broker or mutual fund company
Your donation will not be complete until shares are received by the UCSF Foundation
Credit Card Donations
If you need to accept a donor's gift by credit card and are unable to access the online giving form to have the donor enter their own information online, complete the Credit Card Donation Form and carefully follow the included instructions to ensure receipt of the gift.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please do not hesitate to contact the UCSF Foundation Gift Administration Team.