All UCSF employees are strongly encouraged to set up electronic direct deposit to receive their payroll earnings by direct deposit to their bank account on payday. Employees will enjoy several advantages when using this preferred payment method:
- Fast – earnings are available in your bank account on payday
- Safe and secure – 24/7 access to your bank account, avoid any lost, stolen or delay of paper check delivery
- Environmentally friendly – support "go green" sustainability efforts (save paper, printing, postage, and fuel charges)
- Convenient – save trips to go to bank/ATM and waiting in lines to cash or deposit checks
Only U.S. financial institutions including banks, credit unions, and brokerage firms can be used for direct deposit.
Information Needed for Enrollment
- Your financial institution’s routing transit number (also known as ABA number or routing number)
- Your account number
This information can be found on:
- Your personal check
- Your online banking site
- A Direct Deposit Authorization form provided by your financial institution
The Enrollment Process
You can either enroll online or complete and submit a direct deposit enrollment form to the Controller’s Office Solution Center.
- Log into the University of California’s self-service portal At Your Service Online (AYSO) with your username and password. Use the following matrix to determine your login information
Type of User Login Information New User within 31 days of hire date
Username – Your Social Security Number (no slashed or dashes)
Password – Temporary password is your 8 digit date of birth in the format MMDDYYYY
Username – Your Social Security Number (no slashes or dashes)
Password – Temporary may have expired. Contact the UCSF HR Benefits Office or try to click the “forgot password” link to have a new temporary password sent to you.
Prior User (previously created an AYSO username)
Enter your previously established Username and Password. Click forgot your username or password link if you need further assistance.
- On the main menu, click on Direct Deposit located in the Income and Taxes section.
- View your current check disposition information – Click CONTINUE to add or update your direct deposit information
- Add/update direct deposit (Select ACCOUNT TYPE, and then enter ROUTING NUMBER and ACCOUNT NUMBER, and click SUBMIT. The “Review & Confirm” page is then shown.)
- Review and confirm – You must AUTHORIZE the University to initiate transactions and confirm what you have entered. Click CONFIRM to complete the direct deposit update.
- You will receive a confirmation number and email – retain this email until you receive your first direct deposit. E.g.:
Submitting a Paper Direct Deposit Form
This is an alternative way to enroll in direct deposit when you receive an error message or online enrollment is not an option for you in AYSO. You can complete the paper direct deposit form (UPAY 702-2 Payroll Earning Distribution Authorization) and submit the form to the Controller's Office Solution Center or by eFax to the Payroll Office for processing.
After Your Enrollment
Once the banking information is reflected in the UCSF payroll system, the “prenotification” period begins and takes up to 15 business days.
Prenotification is a process whereby an electronic notification is sent to your financial institution for account verification. During the waiting period, any monies that you are due will be paid via paper check and will be delivered by US Postal Service to your home address on record.
Please ensure that your home address (must be U.S. address) available in AYSO is accurate and up-to-date at all times.
Cancelling Direct Deposit
If you want to CANCEL your direct deposit service, please complete OPTION III on the paper Direct Deposit form (UPAY 702-2 Payroll Earning Distribution Authorization). To ensure your direct deposit stops immediately, contact the Controller's Office Solution Center to confirm receipt of your form. Once your direct deposit information has been removed from the UCSF payroll system, any monies that you are due will be paid via a paper check and will be delivered by US Postal Service to your home address on record.
Note that direct deposit cancellation is NOT available in AYSO.