How is Plan and Forecast Data Brought Into and Displayed in MyReports?
Data in the Plan and Forecast columns of the MyReports Operational and Management reports comes from UPlan, UCSF’s planning system:
- Plans are created annually in UPlan during the spring for the next fiscal year and are fed to the data warehouse early in the fiscal year. Once the Plan is finalized the data is not updated during the fiscal year. MyReports pulls UPlan data from the data warehouse and incorporates it into the reports.
- Forecasts are updates to Plans developed in UPlan. Forecasts contain actual financial results for closed months and updated forecasts for the remainder of the year. Forecasts are fed to the data warehouse every Friday evening. MyReports pulls the forecast data from the data warehouse and incorporates it into the reports.
UPlan does not use the chart of accounts in exactly the same way as PeopleSoft. Review the attached quick reference for key differences in how data is displayed when viewing Operational and Management reports in MyReports.
Additional Information & Assistance
- Additional information about MyReports including how to request access, training and contact information can be found on the MyReports page.
- If you require help with a technical problem, or have a question about a specific report, contact the Controller’s Office Solution Center
- To stay informed about MyReports news, join the MyReports ListServ