Reminder: Preparing MyExpense Guest (Non-Employee) Expense Reports

The address you enter when using MyExpense to prepare an expense report for a non-employee (guest) is especially important.  Follow these tips to ensure that your guest receives their reimbursement in a timely manner.  

For payments sent via mail

You must enter a valid mailing address.  Payment is sent to the address entered in MyExpense. Any error in the recording of the mailing address may result in delay of payment. 

All of the following information must be included:

  • Street Address (including box number or apartment number when applicable)
  • City
  • State (only enter 2-digit state code for U.S., Canada, or Australia)
  • Zip Code
  • Country (only enter 3-digit country code)

For visitors from foreign countries, be sure to enter the correct 3-digit country code for that country. A list of PeopleSoft country codes is available as an Inquiry Report on the Controller's Office website. 

For payments that must be sent via wire

If the visitor can only accept wire payments, submit a Travel Expense Voucher (rather than using MyExpense) and process the payment through BearBuy.

Detailed instructions

For additional detailed instructions on the submission of non-employee expense reports, see the Creating an Expense Report for a Non-Employee in MyExpense job aid.  If you have questions about MyExpense, contact the Controller's Office Solution Center.