UCSF Merchant Services is tasked with the oversight of payment card and electronic payment acceptance across UCSF. As credit cards, eChecks, and Automated Clearing House (ACH) payments are accepted across numerous services and programs, UCSF Merchant Services works to enable and ensure continued compliance with relevant financial policies and procedures, PCI Data Security Standards, and Nacha (formerly the National Automated Clearing House Association) operating rules.
A collaborative effort between the Controller’s Office, Information Technology Information Security, and UCSF's procurement units, UCSF Merchant Services works closely with schools, departments, and clinical operations to provide the following services:
- Advise on payment services to customers across campus and UCSF Health who wish to establish merchant accounts for payment card and electronic payment processing;
- Review, approve, and help establish merchant accounts for customers;
- Assist in negotiating third-party service provider contracts on behalf of the requesting merchant;
- Provide day-to-day operational oversight and support to customers with active merchant accounts, including coordinating with merchants to confirm their accounts stay in good standing and in compliance with applicable policies, procedures, and standards;
- Negotiate and implement standard methods of payment acceptance for customers across UCSF.
Departments who wish to establish a new method of accepting credit cards or make changes to existing payment methods must contact UCSF Merchant Services to obtain authorization prior to change or implementation. For all questions, please contact UCSF Merchant Services at [email protected].