Software systems support most of our financial, educational and research actions. The Controller’s Office provides business support for the following financial systems:
- Effort Reporting System (ERS) provides a system for principal investigators, managers, and staff to review and certify effort on federally-sponsored projects.
- General Ledger (GL) Verification Online Tool streamlines the general ledger verification process with the goal of ensuring overall reasonableness of department financials.
- HBS Timekeeping System is an online time and attendance system for use by all academic and administrative staff (exempt and non-exempt employees) who earn leave.
- MyReports is UCSF's campus-wide reporting solution that provides financial and human resources data for users at all levels of our organization. MyReports includes data beginning with Fiscal Year 2013-14.
- Online Payroll Personnel System (OLPPS) is the system of record for payroll and personnel. Online Payroll Time Reporting System (OPTRS) is a sub-system of OLPPS and is used to enter Late Pay, Retroactive Pay, and other Pay adjustments.
- PeopleSoft is a financial system that encompasses transactions for payment (Accounts Payable), sponsored project proposal and award management (Research Administration System or RAS), journals (General Ledger), and equipment asset tracking (Asset Management).
- WebLinks is used for historical data (through February, 2014) reporting in the previous chart of accounts. Historic data prior to July 2013 was not converted to the current chart of accounts and is not available in MyReports.
Requesting Access to Systems
- Only Department Access Administrators may request access to ERS, the GL Verification Online Tool, HBS, MyReports, OLPPS, PeopleSoft, and WebLinks.
- To find your Department Access Administrators, go to PeopleSoft and select the Department Roles View from the PeopleSoft menu or use the Department Roles look up in the Inquiry Reports.
- Training is required for access to ERS, PeopleSoft journals, PeopleSoft chartfield related, and OLPPS roles.
- ERS: training is required for all Effort Report Coordinators, Reviewers, and Viewers. Go to the UC Learning Center and search for "ERS" to enroll in training. Notify your Department Manager and Access Administrator when you have completed your training.
- PeopleSoft journals: Understanding PeopleSoft Journals online training is required for all Journal Preparers and Journal Approvers. Go to the UC Learning Center and search for "Understanding Journals" to enroll. Journal Preparers must complete Parts 1 and 2. Journal Approvers must complete Parts 1, 2, and 3. Notify your Department Manager and Access Administrator of the date you completed your training so that access can be requested.
- PeopleSoft chartfield related: Chartfield Requesters, Chartfield Approvers and SpeedType Creators should take Understanding the New Chart of Accounts (COA-101a, COA-101b, and COA-101c), Set-Up NewChartfields (COA-102a), and Set-Up New SpeedType (COA-102b). Go to the UC Learning Center and search for "COA#".
- OLPPS: OLPPS Inquiry online training or the instructor led OLPPS Entry/Update class is required to obtain access to OLPPS including OPTRS. Go to the UC Learning Center and search for "OLPPS" to enroll in OLPPS Inquiry training, or contact the Controller's Office Solution Center at [email protected] or 415.476.2126 to arrange OLPPS Entry/Update training.
- Department Access Administrators use the Access Management System (instructions) to request access to the GL Verification Online Tool, MyReports, and PeopleSoft, as well as BearBuy and UPlan. Department Access Administrators use AutoAccess to request access for OLPPS and Weblinks. Both the Access Management System and AutoAccess are available via MyAccess.
System Access Policies
Access to, and use of, University electronic information resources must be performed in a manner that ensures the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of University resources and must be conducted in full compliance with federal and state law and University policies. Access Administrators and Central Campus units that grant access to financial and personnel data are responsible for:
- Ensuring that access is granted in accordance with University of California policies and that only Authorized and Authenticated staff is granted access.
- Periodic review of work by staff with access to confidential data to ensure such data is secured and not inappropriately shared or misused.
- Fully informing staff of their responsibility to hold such information confidential.
- Timely review of access privileges and for revoking access privileges upon termination or when job duties no longer require a legitimate business reason for access.
- Ensuring access for affiliates follows established policy and is limited to affiliates who require access to enable the University to operate efficiently and/or for departments to process payments or other financial transactions related to the affiliate.
Sharing of sensitive electronic information with University administrative units is allowed for legitimate business needs. However, permission for access to information or release and/or disclosure of information should be granted in conformance with University policy and applicable laws by the University authority that has been assigned overall management responsibility for the information.
- 650-16: Information Security and Confidentiality
- 650-18: Authorized and Acceptable Use of Electronic Information Resources
- 300-42: Financial System Access for Affiliates
Contact the Controller's Office Solution Center for help with the following systems:
- HBS Timekeeping System (functional questions)
- OLPPS/OPTRS/Web EDB
Email [email protected] for help with the GL Verification Online Tool.
Contact the IT Help Desk for help with the following systems
- Effort Reporting Systems (access questions)
- HBS Timekeeping System (technical questions)
Contact the Supply Chain Management Accounts Payable Help Desk for help with the following systems: