MyReports is UCSF’s campus-wide reporting solution that provides financial and human resources data to meet the needs of users at all levels within our organization. Financial Reports in MyReports are displayed in three tabs (sets of reports):
AP/PO Inquiry Report
The Accounts Payable/Purchase Order (AP/PO) Inquiry Report (job aid) shows detailed line level information associated with a single voucher, invoice or purchase order.
Asset Management Report
The Asset Management Report (job aid) lists detailed information about capitalized assets to enable departments to perform their physical inventory. The report can also be used for basic inquiry, including the status of an asset.
Balance Sheet Report
The Balance Sheet (job aid) report displays Asset and Liability account activity and balances for a selected date range. The report can be displayed at a summary Account level, or at a detail level including Fund, Dept ID, and Project.
Distribution of Payroll Expense (DPE) Report
The Distribution of Payroll Expense (DPE) Report (job aid) displays detailed payroll transaction information. For more information on common differences between the DPE and Transaction Detail Report (TDR), see Understanding Payroll Transaction on the TDR and DPE Reports.
Purchase Order Lien Balance Report
The PO Lien Balance Report (job aid) displays purchase orders with open balances for the specified search criteria, as of the close of the previous business day.
Transaction Detail Report
The Transaction Detail Report (TDR) (job aid) displays detail transaction information for Payroll, Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders, Financial Journals, and Budget Journals. For more information on common differences between the TDR and DPE, see Understanding Payroll Transaction on the TDR and DPE Reports.
Actual vs Plan Comparison Report
The Actual vs. Plan Comparison Report (job aid) displays the current financial position compared to the Plan. Plan and Forecast data comes from UPlan and is only available for UPlan planning level(s) Dept IDs.
- This report displays Revenues and Expenses summarized at Levels B-E of the Account Tree, Net Income/(Loss) from Operations, Other Changes, and Net Position. The report displays Year-To-Date Actuals, Plan, and Variances to Plan, as well as Year End Plan, Forecast and Variances to Plan
- Allows actual Expenses, Revenues and Other Changes to be expanded and collapsed up and down the Account tree to see data at different account levels
- Provides drill-through capability to Revenues, Expenses, and Other Changes to display transaction detail for further analysis
Current Year vs. Prior Year Actuals Comparison Report
The Current Year vs. Prior Year Actuals Comparison Report (job aid) provides a side-by-side comparison of the current fiscal year’s actual transactions and the previous fiscal year’s actual transactions.
Gift and Endowment Income Report
The Gift and Endowment Income Report (job aid) allows you to view Restricted Gifts, Unrestricted Gifts, and Endowment income across Business Units. The report displays transfer activity between the Foundation and the Regents by leveraging Pair logic. Pair Logic identifies when the same Project is used in recording activity across all Business Units (BU).
The Monthly Report (job aid) displays Plan, Actuals, Forecast, or only Actuals on a Fiscal Year basis. Plan and Forecast information comes from UPlan and is only available at the UPlan planning Dept ID level(s). Using the Monthly Report you can:
- Displays Revenues and Expenses summarized at Levels B-F of the Account Tree, Net Income/(Loss) from Operations, Other Changes, and the Net Position, by month for the fiscal year
- Displays Plan, Actuals, Forecast, and the Variance between Year-End Forecast and Plan. Forecast data is updated monthly (around the 15th or 16th of each month) via upload from UPlan.
Net Position Report
The Net Position Report (job aid) allows you to view beginning and ending net position calculations by Dept ID, Fund, Project, and Parent/Award ID. The term Net Position was previously known as “Equity”, “Fund Balance”, “Unexpended Balance” or “Net Assets”.
- Net Position is reported down to the Fund/DeptID/Project/Activity Period/Function/Flexfield level, and is updated daily in MyReports
- The Net Position balance is calculated as follows:
Net Position Beginning of Period
Plus Revenues (4XXXX and 74XXX accounts)
Less Expenses (5XXXX and 75XXX accounts)
Plus Other Changes (526XX, 575XX, 78XXX, and 79XXX accounts)
EQUALS Net Position End of Period
Payroll Funding Report
The Payroll Funding Report (job aid) provides a fiscal year view of employee payroll by compensation types X (Annual Salary), Y (Negotiated Additional Compensation), Z (Other Compensation), and benefits. Payroll is displayed by month in total dollars (not hourly rate) as Actuals for closed periods and Payroll/Personnel System (PPS) distributions for future periods. View the MyReports Compensation Types quick reference for the list of DOS codes and descriptions that roll up into the X, Y, Z, OCX, and OCY compensation types displayed in this report.
Project Comparison Report
The Project Comparison Report (job aid) displays Revenues, Expenses, Other Changes, and Net Position by Project in side-by-side columns. The report is best used to compare a small set of non-sponsored Projects.
Sponsored Projects Balances Report
The Sponsored Projects Balances Report (job aid) is a valuable tool for departments to monitor Awards/Projects at any point in time and at any level of the Dept ID tree.
- Displays sponsored projects only (Funds 400C, 1810, 4900)
- Uses the Temporary Budget to determine balance
- Can be run as of a selected month
- Can be filtered to display only sponsored projects in deficit, only projects with positive balances, or both
- Has a Months in Deficit counter to identify how long a sponsored project has been in deficit
Fund Group Report
The Fund Group Report (job aid) enables users to review Actual Revenues, Expenses, Other Changes and Net Position by Fund Group (source of funds). Report can be expanded and collapsed up and down the Fund tree (Levels C-E) and the Account tree (Levels B-E) to see data at various levels.
Mission Based Report
The Mission Based Report (job aid) displays Actual Revenues, Expenses, Other Changes, and Net Position by Mission (Function Code). Report defaults to Level C of the account tree, but can also be viewed at Account Level B, D, & E.
Project Use Report
The Project Use Report (job aid) displays Actual Revenues, Expenses, Other Changes, and Net Position by Project Use, an attribute of the Project chartfield, which indicates a specified activity or purpose of the project. Report defaults to Level C of the Account tree, but can also be viewed at Account Level B, D, & E.