UCPath is the University of California's human resources, academic personnel, benefits, and payroll system for all UC employees systemwide. UCPath assists the Payroll Office in ensuring that all UCSF employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner that complies with State, Federal and University of California procedures and regulations, and that all payroll and benefit expenses are properly recorded in the University’s accounting systems. UCPath was implemented on June 1, 2020, and replaced UCSF's legacy Online Personnel and Payroll System (OLPPS).
The HBS Timekeeping System (HBS) is an online employee timekeeping system that interfaces with UCPath. HBS is:
- a tool to complete, submit, review, approve and track vacation leave requests and employee timesheets in accordance with current UCSF HR pay and leave rules, policies, and labor contracts
- required for all Academics and Staff who earn vacation and/or sick leave
- not required for FSLA exempt Academics who do not earn leave (i.e., Residents, Emeritus Faculty, etc.)
Financial Administrator Guidance
Financial administrators use MyReports to view financial and human resources data. Not all payroll transactions are recorded on the MyReports Distribution of Payroll Expense (DPE) Report; see the job aid, Understanding UCPath Payroll Transactions on the TDR and DPE Reports and Understanding PPS Payroll Transactions on the TDR and DPE Reports, for more details.
Payroll expense/expenditure transactions are not conducted via financial journal. Campus department Salary Cost Transfer Initiators and Approvers use UCPath to make corrections to payroll expenses recorded in the Distribution of Payroll Expense Report. To correct payroll expense transactions originating from OLPPS through September 30, 2020, use the Payroll Expense Transfer Uploader (PETU) or Uncapped-to-Capped Payroll Expense Transfer Uploader (U2C-PETU).
You may also find the following references helpful:
- UCPath Information for Department Managers and Administrators
- UCPath Information for Funding Entry Initiators and Approvers
- Using the UCSF Chart of Accounts
- Composite Benefit Rates (CBRs)
- Understanding Biweekly Payroll Accruals
- Clearing the Payroll Suspense Account to the General Ledger
- Remote Hiring Process